The Department of Technology Systems (ITS) at the University of Oslo provides Master- and PhD-courses, open to students from UiO, NTNU and interested people from the business world.
The Wireless Networks and Security (WNaS) competence centre covers wireless network, including sensor and mobile systems, and security in distributed systems as technology components for Autonomous Systems and Renewable Energy Research Groups.
Our members are professors at the Universities UiO, NTNU and UiA, researchers at Kjeller Institutes or at Industry. We contribute to Research in Information Security, Autonomous Systems and Renewable Energy at UiO. As such, WNaS is part of the Autonomous Systems and Sensor Technology Sectionat ITS/UiO.
Original main page: Main_Page_old
| About us
- Josef Noll, Basic Internet, Semantics, IoT Security
- Øivind Kure, Networks, QoS
- Leif Nilsen, Cryptography
- Pål Orten, Wireless, Sensor networks
- Torleiv Maseng, Information theory, Cognitive Systems
- Paal Engelstad, Networking, Ad-hoc
- Terje Tjelta, Radio propagation, Satellite
- Lars Bråten, Satellite, Propagation
- Frank Li, Wireless Ad-hoc
- Abul Kaosher, 3G, 4G, 5G, Small Cells
- Harald Hauglin, Time stability, synchronisation
- Seraj Fayyad, IoT Security
Application Areas of Research
- Information Security, e.g. cryptography, privacy, security
- System Security, e.g. sensor/industrial/mobile systems
- Wireless and Mobile Networks, e.g. 4G, 5G, heterogeneous networks,
- Mobile Services, e.g. context-aware/personalised, Apps, IoT
- Sensor Systems, e.g. industrial/health/environmental sensors, NFC/BLE
- Radio propagation, e.g. satellite, polar regions