DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018
DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018
|Title||DigI Tanzania Meeting (17April2018)|
|Place||Tanzania - NIMR, 2448 Barack Obama Dr, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
|Date, Time||2018/04/17, 0800-1800|
|Contact Person||Christine Holst, Bernard Ngowi|
|Participants||Josef Noll, Flora Kajuna, Felix Sukums, Andrea Winkler, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Maurice Isabwe, Christine Holst, Antoni Nyerere, Jacob, Andrew, Charles, Domenik Stelzle|
|related to Project||DigI:DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018|
Muhimbili Research Centre – NIMR, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- 0900h Recall from the summary of 16Apr2018 at the Embassy
- 0930h Status and upcoming of the project
- Phase A: roll-out
- a) 3G hot-spots in Migoli and Selela
- b) connectivity to Izazi - alternatives
- Phase B: village selection
- Village platform - creation process
- Health message process
- Co-operations: no national project?
- Phase A: roll-out
- 1015h Digital Health Information - time frame and deadlines (Maurice)
- 1130h leave for UCSAF meeting (30 min enough for travel?)
- 1130h lunch?
- 1215h Development of the intervention study (Christine, Flora and Elibariki)
- detailed story-line for each disease
- 1500 Common meeting - Recall return of Felix and Josef
- 1510 Update of Digital Health information, information and
- 1530 Update of Meeting with UCSAF
- 1545 AOB
- next actions
- next meetings
- 1600 End of meeting
Recall meeting at the Embassy
Recall from the summary of 16Apr2018 at the Embassy
- Josef summarized the meeting from yesterday, and suggested steps forward.
- Information about Veggie project is on owncloud = Site-Survey = Apr2018 = NCA_veggie_information.docx
Status of the project
- we are missing clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- action items are not followed up
- Village platform – creation process. Where do we get information from the villages? What type of information do the villages need? Bernard and Felix will do the need assessment locally.
- Field visits: use a document as a check list for assessing the appropriateness of the content. Twitter feed and possibly FB feed.
- A discussion on use of server. Should the digital health information be placed on the Cystinet server at NIMR? Bernard recommends. Josef to contact Jan, to check on logistic, space, bandwith speed.
Phase A: roll-out
a) 3G hot-spots in Migoli and Selela b) connectivity to Izazi - alternatives
Phase B: village selection process
- creation process
- Bernard and Felix are in charge of the selection of the next villages, after fieldwork with Andrea.
- Felix met with Gwen from Norwegian Church Aid.
- Village information – Felix and Elibariki.
- PATH no national project?
Health message process
- Maurice presentation – the way forward on the development of health messages.
- A brief discussion on Cholera as part of the core diseases. Desicion: to be added in the next phase.
- We have five areas that needs input from the medical team. Prevalence, Cause / Transmission, Signs / Symptoms, Teatment, Prevention. Maurice needs pictures from responsible person / each area.
- Bernard, Flora, Christine and Andrea – see deadlines in Maurice document, that he will send out / upload to owncloud and send link.
- The videos on HIV and TB is already there, in MoH. Are they custome made? These will not be developed by Maurice, but revised by the team medics. Medical task force to review the final documents.
- Bernard and Elibariki will provide us with the existing videos from MoH. These can be uploaded to owncloud for review.
- Maurice showed the website. Need pictures, key messages (one or two paragraphs) on each eare (prevalence, cause / transmission, signs / symptoms, treatment and prevention). Need photo for each of the the key messages. Need short questions for the quiz. Five questions are enough! But it is possible to have a pool and take out random five questions, one per area, at the time.
- Flora presentation – advised to focus on the studies related to prevalence and practice
- Christine presentation – advised to change the desgn either to cohort or quasi-experimental design
- Andrea, Josef, Bernard and christine had a brief discussion of the study, logistics and financing. Bernard will fill Helena in here.
The schedule of the TZ week:
- 16Apr Round Table discussion Norwegian Embassy
- 17Apr 08:30h DigI meeting at NIMR
- 17Apr 12:00h Meeting with UCSAF
- 18Apr 09:30h Meeting with Vodacom
- 18Apr 11:00h Meeting with Helios
- 18Apr 14:00 Meeting with TIGO on roll-out in Izazi, Mgoli and Selela
- 19Apr 09:30h Meeting with PATH
- 19Apr 12:00h Meeting with Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- 20Apr2018 no schedule yet
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-035 Elibariki Mwakapeje to elaborate on how many spots we need in Selela by 01. March 2018 (DigI:AI-035)
- DigI:AI-040 Elibariki Mwakapeje to establish a list of priority diseases by 15. March 2018 (DigI:AI-040)
- DigI:AI-043 Bernard Ngowi to find information on how to make money in the villages by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-043)
- DigI:AI-042 Helena Ngowi, Bernard Ngowi to discuss with Goodluck the Phase B villages by 01. April 2018 (DigI:AI-042)
- DigI:AI-045 Bernard Ngowi to to submit the protocol (CH sent) to NIMR for ethical approval by 06. May 2018 (DigI:AI-045)
- DigI:AI-056 Josef Noll to share cost slide with Felix, then Felix can og throigh to see if this is in line with market prices in TZ by 15. May 2018 (DigI:AI-056)
- DigI:AI-057 Danica Radovanovic to send bulletpoints with data delivery expectations from the platform to Maurice – indicators that can be used to say something on use and exposure in the villages by 18. May 2018 (DigI:AI-057)
- DigI:AI-053 Danica Radovanovic to to write excutive summary, that can be used in the 2-pager to various stakeholders by 22. May 2018 (DigI:AI-053)
- DigI:AI-046 Bernard Ngowi to provide Christine with contact details to Goodyear, in order to start the work with the sampling frame in each village by 01. August 2018 (DigI:AI-046)
- DigI:AI-062 Wisam Ahmed Mansour to provide Maurice with the Rasperry Pi by 08. September 2018 (DigI:AI-062)
- DigI:AI-055 Felix Sukums to follow up Halotel in Selela, Izazi, Migoli by 14. September 2018 (DigI:AI-055)
- DigI:AI-060 Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic to send out DigI newsletter before October by 30. September 2018 (DigI:AI-060)
- DigI:AI-049 Christine Holst, Flora Francis Kajuna to to discuss the way ahead related to the fieldwork by 09. October 2018 (DigI:AI-049)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items