|Date, Time||2017/07/04, 1300-1400 h local Paris time|
|Participants||Andrea Winkler, Bernard Ngowi, Bjarne Tarjei Haugen, Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Erwan Le Quentrec, Felix Sukums, Finn Helge Tolpinrud, Helena Ngowi, Ingeborg K. Haavardsson, Iñaki Garitano, Josef Noll, Maurice Isabwe, Peter Cardellichio, Rozina Dongol, Sudhir Dixit|
|related to Project||DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:Digi-GotoMeeting Jul2017|
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/727235565
You can also dial in using your phone, using access code: 727-235-565
- Norway: +47 23 96 01 70
- United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
- France: +33 170 950 594
- Germany: +49 692 5736 7210
- Spain: +34 912 71 8491
- 1300 Welcome
- 1310 status Digi
- see all Digi meetings at DigI:Meetings
- 1320 status Tanzania (Elibariki & Felix)
- short report from meetings++
- plans for negotiations with TelCos
- 1340 status DRC (Finn Helge)
- 1350 Kick-off
- 1355 AOB
- Global alliances (e.g. education Khan Academy, Microsoft)
- Village platform
- 1400 end of meeting
Minutes GotoMeeting 4.Jul2017
Brief info on collaboration agreement signed, and the way forward. Josef will call for bills from the partners, and this will be sent to the NRC, before reimbursed.
TZ update from work-meeting in Dar es Salaam.
Felix: Ethical approvals – we need to revise the proposal. Define problem, rationale, methodology, some activities are unclear, some areas will not be accepted by the ministry.
Other issues; Implementation. Mission details, defining problem – stakeholders. Submitting the proposal – Package developed to meet the national user, need funding to go to site. Joint meeting presenting the design and then start collection the baseline.
Who is leading this process? Action Item, Time plan
Maurice: Involvement the stakeholders (who are they?) – need definitions and project goals
Felix: Approving new design, village leaders, need their support, supervision, monitoring. District health management team.
Ethical approval on different level – both on project and on message.
Bernard elaborated, this takes 2-3 weeks from NIMR, and then the new messages need to be approved from MoH, takes another 2-3 weeks, by handing in protocol used for app development etc – After approval – we need to get in touch with the district management team.
Bernard: We need to address clearly on the entrepreneurship part of the proposal, we need to pint out what exactly we are going to introduce to these community. Also on the issue of the tablets, I think since may Tanzanian can not afford the Smart phone and tablets it is important to make sure that we use the simple gadget which can be sustainable after the project comes to an end.
- 1. mobile operatior – ref ex india – alibaba.
- 2. Availability of tablet // smartphone (will come). 1-2 smartphones pr villages. Make a deal with suppliers, to bring out to villages.
- Experience with how we can disseminate health messages
- Rely on tablet / smartphones – gov will say thats good, but not sustainable yet.
- How can you connect this to education?
How we can establish the tablet as part of infrastructure and remain on site?
- Felix: Bringing onboard partners who can sell affordable tablets or smartphone to the community
- Josef: convince the government to help in "free access to information" for everyone. These traffic, being very small, may be sent "free of charge"
- Elibariki: I am seeing the issue of sustainability after the end of the project..if we provide tablet and/or smartphones. We better capitalize on providing free access to messages by using the cheaply available gadgets as mentioned by Josef
- Josef: Sustainability is a key issue for the last 6 months of the project, where we want to convert the pilot into a sustainable (commercial) operation. Commercial for everything else, and free access to information and local video
- Elibariki: good strategy Josef. we better move on that direction
Status Health Information
Experiences from other countries,
- Emphasis is on affordability. WiFi hot spot prices: Rs50 (0.7€) for 1GB, or Rs250 (~3.5€) for 20GB.
- Christine has sent a Doodle call, http://doodle.com/poll/dzi468un8vnyk7x6#table please pick your availability
- Regarding cost reimbursement, the Research Council only supports the Norwegian governmental rules for travel
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-030 Danica Radovanovic to gather data on Mobile connectivity in Africa by 16. February 2018 (DigI:AI-030)
- DigI:AI-038 Bernard Ngowi to send key messages for HIV to Christine by 24. February 2018 (DigI:AI-038)
- AI-007 Josef Noll to send MoM and thanks letter to CEO by 24. February 2018 (AI-007)
- DigI:AI-039 Bernard Ngowi to review the questions posted by Christine by 24. February 2018 (DigI:AI-039)
- DigI:AI-037 Helena Ngowi to to send key Cystocercosis video link to Maurice and Christine by 24. February 2018 (DigI:AI-037)
- DigI:AI-035 Elibariki Mwakapeje to elaborate on how many spots we need in Selela by 01. March 2018 (DigI:AI-035)
- DigI:AI-033 Josef Noll to sign up for Health Information for All by 01. March 2018 (DigI:AI-033)
- DigI:AI-032 Felix Sukums to follow up with TIGO on Kiosk model by 10. March 2018 (DigI:AI-032)
- DigI:AI-040 Elibariki Mwakapeje to establish a list of priority diseases by 15. March 2018 (DigI:AI-040)
- DigI:AI-043 Bernard Ngowi to find information on how to make money in the villages by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-043)
- DigI:AI-041 Felix Sukums to design the platform for digital health by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-041)
- DigI:AI-034 Felix Sukums to get info from KioKit from BRCK by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-034)
- DigI:AI-042 Helena Ngowi, Bernard Ngowi to discuss with Goodluck the Phase B villages by 01. April 2018 (DigI:AI-042)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items
Latest closed Action Items
- DigI:AI-036 Bernard Ngowi, Felix Sukums to design how many spots we need in Izazi and Migoli by 01. March 2018 (DigI:AI-036)
DigI related Meeting(s):
- DigI Munich Meeting (Oct2018) (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 October 2018)
- DigI Tanzania Meeting (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 16 April 2018)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting Mar 2018 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 13 March 2018)
- NABA-BasicInternet-UiO idea exchange (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 28 February 2018)
- Summary Digital Tanzania Week (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 15 February 2018)
- Meeting Selela Feb18 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 15 February 2018)
- ... further results