|Date, Time||2017/07/04, 1300-1400 h local Paris time|
|Participants||Andrea Winkler, Bernard Ngowi, Bjarne Tarjei Haugen, Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Erwan Le Quentrec, Felix Sukums, Finn Helge Tolpinrud, Helena Ngowi, Ingeborg K. Haavardsson, Iñaki Garitano, Josef Noll, Maurice Isabwe, Peter Cardellichio, Rozina Dongol, Sudhir Dixit|
|related to Project||DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:Digi-GotoMeeting Jul2017|
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/727235565
You can also dial in using your phone, using access code: 727-235-565
- Norway: +47 23 96 01 70
- United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
- France: +33 170 950 594
- Germany: +49 692 5736 7210
- Spain: +34 912 71 8491
- 1300 Welcome
- 1310 status Digi
- see all Digi meetings at DigI:Meetings
- 1320 status Tanzania (Elibariki & Felix)
- short report from meetings++
- plans for negotiations with TelCos
- 1340 status DRC (Finn Helge)
- 1350 Kick-off
- 1355 AOB
- Global alliances (e.g. education Khan Academy, Microsoft)
- Village platform
- 1400 end of meeting
Minutes GotoMeeting 4.Jul2017
Brief info on collaboration agreement signed, and the way forward. Josef will call for bills from the partners, and this will be sent to the NRC, before reimbursed.
TZ update from work-meeting in Dar es Salaam.
Felix: Ethical approvals – we need to revise the proposal. Define problem, rationale, methodology, some activities are unclear, some areas will not be accepted by the ministry.
Other issues; Implementation. Mission details, defining problem – stakeholders. Submitting the proposal – Package developed to meet the national user, need funding to go to site. Joint meeting presenting the design and then start collection the baseline.
Who is leading this process? Action Item, Time plan
Maurice: Involvement the stakeholders (who are they?) – need definitions and project goals
Felix: Approving new design, village leaders, need their support, supervision, monitoring. District health management team.
Ethical approval on different level – both on project and on message.
Bernard elaborated, this takes 2-3 weeks from NIMR, and then the new messages need to be approved from MoH, takes another 2-3 weeks, by handing in protocol used for app development etc – After approval – we need to get in touch with the district management team.
Bernard: We need to address clearly on the entrepreneurship part of the proposal, we need to pint out what exactly we are going to introduce to these community. Also on the issue of the tablets, I think since may Tanzanian can not afford the Smart phone and tablets it is important to make sure that we use the simple gadget which can be sustainable after the project comes to an end.
- 1. mobile operatior – ref ex india – alibaba.
- 2. Availability of tablet // smartphone (will come). 1-2 smartphones pr villages. Make a deal with suppliers, to bring out to villages.
- Experience with how we can disseminate health messages
- Rely on tablet / smartphones – gov will say thats good, but not sustainable yet.
- How can you connect this to education?
How we can establish the tablet as part of infrastructure and remain on site?
- Felix: Bringing onboard partners who can sell affordable tablets or smartphone to the community
- Josef: convince the government to help in "free access to information" for everyone. These traffic, being very small, may be sent "free of charge"
- Elibariki: I am seeing the issue of sustainability after the end of the project..if we provide tablet and/or smartphones. We better capitalize on providing free access to messages by using the cheaply available gadgets as mentioned by Josef
- Josef: Sustainability is a key issue for the last 6 months of the project, where we want to convert the pilot into a sustainable (commercial) operation. Commercial for everything else, and free access to information and local video
- Elibariki: good strategy Josef. we better move on that direction
Status Health Information
Experiences from other countries,
- Emphasis is on affordability. WiFi hot spot prices: Rs50 (0.7€) for 1GB, or Rs250 (~3.5€) for 20GB.
- Christine has sent a Doodle call, http://doodle.com/poll/dzi468un8vnyk7x6#table please pick your availability
- Regarding cost reimbursement, the Research Council only supports the Norwegian governmental rules for travel
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-035 Elibariki Mwakapeje to elaborate on how many spots we need in Selela by 01. March 2018 (DigI:AI-035)
- DigI:AI-032 Felix Sukums to follow up with TIGO on Kiosk model by 10. March 2018 (DigI:AI-032)
- DigI:AI-040 Elibariki Mwakapeje to establish a list of priority diseases by 15. March 2018 (DigI:AI-040)
- DigI:AI-043 Bernard Ngowi to find information on how to make money in the villages by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-043)
- DigI:AI-041 Felix Sukums to design the platform for digital health by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-041)
- DigI:AI-034 Felix Sukums to get info from KioKit from BRCK by 17. March 2018 (DigI:AI-034)
- DigI:AI-042 Helena Ngowi, Bernard Ngowi to discuss with Goodluck the Phase B villages by 01. April 2018 (DigI:AI-042)
- DigI:AI-045 Bernard Ngowi to to submit the protocol (CH sent) to NIMR for ethical approval by 06. May 2018 (DigI:AI-045)
- DigI:AI-056 Josef Noll to share cost slide with Felix, then Felix can og throigh to see if this is in line with market prices in TZ by 15. May 2018 (DigI:AI-056)
- DigI:AI-057 Danica Radovanovic to send bulletpoints with data delivery expectations from the platform to Maurice – indicators that can be used to say something on use and exposure in the villages by 18. May 2018 (DigI:AI-057)
- DigI:AI-055 Felix Sukums to follow up Halotel in Selela by 18. May 2018 (DigI:AI-055)
- DigI:AI-053 Danica Radovanovic to to write excutive summary, that can be used in the 2-pager to various stakeholders by 22. May 2018 (DigI:AI-053)
- DigI:AI-054 Felix Sukums, Josef Noll to to plan with regards to the needed equipment by 01. June 2018 (DigI:AI-054)
- DigI:AI-060 Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic to send out DigI newsletter before the summer. by 20. June 2018 (DigI:AI-060)
- DigI:AI-049 Christine Holst, Flora Francis Kajuna to to discuss the way ahead related to the fieldwork by 01. July 2018 (DigI:AI-049)
- DigI:AI-061 Josef Noll to send report with Ingeborg comments to Christine by 15. July 2018 (DigI:AI-061)
- DigI:AI-046 Bernard Ngowi to provide Christine with contact details to Goodyear, in order to start the work with the sampling frame in each village by 01. August 2018 (DigI:AI-046)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items
Latest closed Action Items
- DigI:AI-051 Christine Holst, Felix Sukums to update interim report by 18. May 2018 (DigI:AI-051)
- DigI:AI-052 Danica Radovanovic to streamline the interim report, so that it is consistent, and not repetetitative by 18. May 2018 (DigI:AI-052)
DigI related Meeting(s):
- DigI Munich Meeting (Oct2018) (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 October 2018)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting August 2018 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 7 August 2018)
- Conquering energy poverty with solar (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 21 June 2018)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting June 2018 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 14 June 2018)
- Internet light for alle (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 May 2018)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting May 2018 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 May 2018)
- ... further results