WP-T1 - Specifications for Tanzania
Partners in WP-T1
- TT1.1 One Health Awareness (Ministry of Health in Tanzania, UIO, Sokoine University of Agriculture, FutureCompetence, NIMR, Ministry of Health in Tanzania)
- TT1.2 Sensitization on One Health (Ministry of Health in Tanzania, UIO, Sokoine University of Agriculture, FutureCompetence, NIMR, Ministry of Health in Tanzania)
- T1.3 Selection of villages (NIMR, NIMR, Basic Internet, Ministry of Health in Tanzania, Sokoine University of Agriculture, UIO)
Tasks in WP-T1
TT1.1 Awareness on One Health
- Objective: To increase awareness on One Health to 80% of at risk population from identified priority zoonotic diseases areas at all levels, by June, 2020
- Developing and operationalizing One Health Communication and Advocacy Strategy
- a) Prepare communication and Advocacy Strategy document
- b) Disseminate communication and Advocacy strategy through workshops, seminar, etc.
- Expected results:
TT1.2 Sensitization on One Health through Apps and digital Content
- Objective: This task will create the sensitization material, especially focussing on digital content
- develop awareness and dissemination plan plan
- develop specifications for apps and content
- conduct meetings with groups performing the activities in the villages
- establish the envisioned goal for health in the villages
- Expected results:
TT1.3 Selection of villages in TZ
- Objective: This task will create the list of villages in Tanzania
- Expected results: 2 villages (Izazi and Mtera) in Iringa districts are for HIV, TB and Cysticercosis (M04), one Village in Monduli (Selela) is for for Anthrax (M04), 4. village as new operator (M06)
Deliverables in DigI:WP-T1
Current task description TZ:
- v3.1 comments from Felix: https://owncloud.unik.no/index.php/apps/files/ajax/download.php?dir=%2F1-Projects%2FDigI-Visjon2030&files=Digi_WP_Tanzania_details_v3.1%20FS%2027032017%20qns-comments.docx
Correspondence and notes from conf call: https://owncloud.unik.no/index.php/apps/files?dir=%2FDigI-Visjon2030%2FCommunication
Information needed for connectivity
- Distance to next fibre network?
- connectivity provided by mobile operator(s)? (which operators)
- type of terrain, e.g. hilly/rolling/flat
- type of vegetation, e.g. high trees, sparce vegetation, ...
- see: DigI:Calculation of Radio link using the Witelcom link simulator
- our people on the ground. Which organisation might support us?
- what is the travelling distance to get there)
Discussion of villages
draft list, to be adapted
- Yaeda Chini
- Kainam, Sanu and Yaeda chini villages in Mbulu District, Manyara region (for HIV and One Health messages)
- Selela village of Monduli District in Arusha region, both of Northern Tanzania
The overall objective of the activities in Tanzania are: To increase awareness on One Health to 80% of at risk population from identified priority zoonotic diseases areas at all levels, by June, 2020. Specifically, will be to produce the customized content for the health messages and to make a plan for rolling out the HIV and One Health messages in Kainam, Sanu and Yaeda chini villages in Mbulu District, Manyara region and Selela village of Monduli District in Arusha region, both of Northern Tanzania.
- Expand on the roll out of health messages that have already been developed for HIV and Tb (Bernard and Andrea)
- Messages for medical follow-up of people with epilepsy (Bernard and Andrea and maybe Pierre Marie Preux, epilepsy specialist)
- Messages for medical follow-up of people with palliative care (terminally ill patients) (Andrea Buhl (a current PhD of mine), Bernard, and Andrea).
- Messages for farmers with regards to cysticercosis (Helena, Veronika (PhD of mine)),
- re-contextualisation of the Vicious worm, and
- the distribution to local communities
- Messages for one-health to people, institutions etc (All, this still needs to be developed)
- Select 2-3 from the Global Health Media Project, and translate them to Bantu Swahili