Available as http://Config.BasicInternet.no - back to BasicInternet:Solutions
Basic Internet InfoSpot configuration
In the easiest set-up, the infrastructure consists of the local network, generating one information spot. Only three components are used: The Internet link reception of the mobile broadband signal, the local network control centre (LNCC) and the society server. (see Figure 2 and Figure 1, the video https://vimeo.com/354375901)
Figure 2, from left to right, shows the reception of the Internet link (back-bone, IP-link), the local network control centre (LNCC), the point to multipoint antenna, and the local hot-spot. In short, the functionality is as follows:
- The Internet link reception is either performed through a directive link, or through re-using the mobile 3G/4G/5G network. The link directly feeds the LNCC.
- The Local Network Control Centre (LNCC) performs the filtering for the freemium access, with free access to information begin text, pictures and local information from the Society Server, and premium access to bandwidth-demanding services from the Internet. The LNCC is connected to the Society Server for access to free local content, and provides this information to the Multipoint antenna.
- The Society Server (http://Yeboo.com) contains information such as health, education and entrepreneurial information, being freely available for everyone in the society. - For educational purposes, we recommend setting up Moodle, see link to Moodle usage.
- The Multipoint Antenna generates a 90 deg sector link coverage for any hot-spot connecting to it.
- The Local Hot-Spot consists of two parts, a receive unit with a directive antenna to communicate with the Multipoint antenna, and the local hotspot device. If the distance to the Multipoint Antenna (Village information spot) is less than 1 km, then we can omit the receive unit and work with only the local hotspot.
All our configurations are stored on Nextcloud (registration required),with specific installations files per provider. Register, and ask info@basicinternet org for giving you access to the configuration files (RCC group membership required).
- 01-LTE antenna configuration DigI:SXT_LTE_R11_config
- 02-Local Network Control Centre (LNCC) (RDB52G configuration): DigI:RDB52G_config
- 03-Raspberry Pi_Village (RPI) configuration DigI:RPI_config
- Replacing the Raspberry PI by a School-PC, see: DigI:School_PC_config
- Note: We have a GDoc with training material on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tcd4Nco8XTAmZKB1HPubMhbjUvj_LXaisZZGJe7khGw/edit#
- And if you experience problems, please add them to:
Extension of the InfoSpot through sector antenna and local hot-spots
- 04-Sector antenna configuration: DigI:RB921_config
- 05-Point reception and 06-LocalHotspot are described on owncloud
How to enable sites with access for schools (Whitelist) and open access through Vouchers
- Configuration of the Whitelist/Blacklist for free access to certain Web pages: BasicInternet:Whitelist
- Access to full Internet for e.g. 1h, 4h, 24h - through Vouchers, see BasicInternet:Voucher_Platform