Difference between revisions of "BasicInternet:Ongoing"
(→Ekstraordinært Innovasjonstilskudd 2020-Brenda og Induct og inspill fra Josef)
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 95:||Line 95:|
===Innovation Project in Business - ongoing - JOSEF/Brenda ===
===Innovation Project in Business - ongoing - JOSEF/Brenda ===
Innovasjonsprosjekt i næringslivet
Innovasjonsprosjekt i næringslivet
Antatt tilgjengelige midler: Kr 1 500 000 000
Støttegrenser: Kr 2 000 000-16 000 000
Antatt tilgjengelige midler:
Varighet: 24-48 måneder
Kr 1 500 000 000
Kr 2 000 000-16 000 000
=== ICT works - $270,000 IBM Funding for COVID-19 Digital Response- 31Jul.2020 ===
=== ICT works - $270,000 IBM Funding for COVID-19 Digital Response- 31Jul.2020 ===
Revision as of 13:10, 30 June 2020
- 1 Ongoing discussions
- 2 Africa
- 3 America
- 4 Asia
- 5 Europe
- 6 Proposals
- 6.1 how to establish a proposal
- 6.2 Upcoming
- 6.3 Ekstraordinært Innovasjonstilskudd 2020
- 6.4 Submitted
- 6.4.1 Norhed - 26June2020 - Ghana/Ethiopia
- 6.4.2 ICT works - Health Security - 18Jun2020 - Wisam
- 6.4.3 ICT works - 1Jun2020 - WISAM =
- 6.4.4 GSMA innovation, 22May2020 - Danica
- 6.4.5 School Connectivity in Ethiopia - 1Mar2020 - JOSEF
- 6.4.6 Innovation Norway - Covid-19 - KATHE & LINDA
- 6.4.7 DFID - UK Frontier - Data collection - 9(18)May2020 - JOSEF
- 6.5 Discarded
- 6.5.1 ICT-58 - 17Jun2020 - WHO invites us?
- 6.5.2 ICT57-2020 - 17Jun2020 - no participation
- 6.5.3 H2020 Supporting deployment of eHealth - 18Jun2020
- 6.5.4 Pre-commercial Procurement for Digital Health and Care Solutions - 18Jun2020
- 6.5.5 ISOC Foundation - 17May2020 - WISAM
- 6.5.6 The Norwegian Climate and Forest funding to civil society - 19May2020 - BRENDA
- 6.5.7 ResearchProject - InternationalDevelopment- 20 May2020- no submission
- 6.5.8 COVID-19 hasteutlysning: Innovasjonsprosjekt med privat-offentlig samarbeid (BIA-X) - 20May2020
- 6.5.9 not submitted: COVID-19 video
- 6.5.10 Botnar - Phase 2: - DANICA
- 6.5.11 Youth Technology - 27Mar2020 - no submission :-(
- 6.5.12 Horizon 2020 EU projects
- 6.5.13 NATO Partnership for Peace - deadline? - DANICA
- 6.5.14 EU-Serbia - deadline? - DANICA
- 6.5.15 Norec proposal
- 6.6 Check-List
- 7 Technology og video
- 8 Other organisations
- 9 Events & Publications
here we have some internal notes on the status of the activities
Point of departure: African Innovation Week 2019 and meetings with Ministers, follow-up through Desta
- Established a proposal for connecting 500 secondary schools through radio,
- collaboration with the Educational society in Ethiopia (see: BasicInternet:Meetings)
Kenya: Business mission with Innovation Norway and Norwegian African Business Association (NABA)
- Point of departure: Brenda joined the business mission in Kenya
- Agreements with AHERI on community roll-out in the Kizumu area
- Hackathon as part of AHERI conference - meeting entry???
- collaboration with Iris Hub, see DigI:Villages - Brenda follows up
- Connecting 3-5 schools together with Iris Hub (Benjamin) in Spring 2020
- CMU Carnegie ... University in Kigali, interest for collaboration and connections to the government.
- University of Rwanda - some initial contacts
- EAC Internet Society - contact via Brenda
- Mandela Institute for Development Studies
- Brenda to follow-up with Ian
South African Norwegian Association
- Sanjay and Brenda to draft up an MOU between BIF and SANA
- Sanjay and Brenda to follow-up no the opportunities for funding and build up a portfolio for projects
- Hackathon DigI:TZ-Hackathon_Feb2020 - Josef, Christine, Brenda has joined
- Call for action launched on "Apply now: Tanzania Digital Health" - who?
- Shipment of equipment - Rashid, ... - suggest to ship via Muhas
- UCSAF: Proposal for 10 schools connectivity - driven by Catherine R. Kimambo
Point of departure: Meeting with the Ministry of ICT on 24-26Feb2020, as well as UCC
- no further activities as of now
Point of departure: Bruce Schulte connected to discuss connectivity within Ecuador, and to the Galapagos Islands (May2020)
- Meetings with Rotary to extend connecting schools
Sudhir is driving the work, mainly due to the collaboration with academic institutes
- 3Feb2020 for the 5GHuddle with 3 talks
- Collaboration with IIT Indore on digital and financial inclusion
- Monastic School have their own programme
- Telenor is interested in buz cooperation for connecting 20 schools
- Adra Norway follows up with "educational collaboration" involving Zabai, Telenor and Gov.
- Sudhir and Josef commenting on the White Paper WG1 on "6G and the SDGs"
- 6G conference in Levi in the middle of March2020 - Sudhir organises a session on Digital Inclusion
Caritas Kinderdorf connected in 2017, reaching out to 60 children/teens and 30-40 supervisors in 7 houses, - transferred to "user-owned network"
- used as reference for digital inclusion and "10 Mbps for 10 €/month"
- idea of a core objective
- Company: we will involve a company // Foundation: us to lead // NGO: collaboration with Red Cross, Kirkens nødhjelp, Plan - African Child // Academic: University of Oslo....
- Follow the steps atHow to establish a proposal
SCILLS Grant Programme - 3July2020 - Danica & Brenda
- Deadline: 3 July 2020
- Focus areas :Economic Growth, Health and Education
- The target countries for our first launch for applications are Bangladesh, Colombia and Senegal
- Grants of up to $150,000 USD will be awarded for projects lasting up to 24 months.
- The 2020 SCILLS cycle will take place as follows:
- Statements of Interest accepted: Week of 8 June to 3 July 2020 - Initial pre-screen by Foundation staff: 6 July to 10 July 2020 - Screened applicants invited to submit full proposals: 13 July to 21 August 2020 - Independent Review Panel evaluation: 22 August to 4 September 2020 - Decisions will be shared: Beginning September 7, 2020
Research Council of Norway (NFR)
Innovation Project in Business - ongoing - JOSEF/Brenda
Ekstraordinært Innovasjonstilskudd 2020
- Som en del av regjeringens tiltak for å begrense skadevirkningene av koronautbruddet for norsk økonomi, har Innovasjon Norge fått økte rammer til innovasjonstilskudd rettet mot små og mellomstore bedrifter med vekstambisjoner
- Tilskudd til innovasjonsprosjekter skal bidra til å styrke bedriftens konkurransekraft og utløse et potensial for bærekraftig vekst
- Brenda i forbindelse med Induct vil kjøre søknaden som Induct vil sende videre til Innovasjon Norge
- The point of departure skal være våre National Knowledge portal i forhold til Storting Melding 11. Access, Skills, Regulations and Inclusion
- Fokus skal også være bærekraftigmål (Connecting schools and spread of information)
- Identifisere potensiale av modelen for virksomhetene (F.eks. for Induct og BIF)
Innovasjonsprosjekt i næringslivet SØKNADSFRIST
- LØPENDE: SØK NÅ
- Antatt tilgjengelige midler: Kr 1 500 000 000
- Støttegrenser: Kr 2 000 000-16 000 000
- Varighet: 24-48 måneder
ICT works - $270,000 IBM Funding for COVID-19 Digital Response- 31Jul.2020
Cooperation on Framework Conditions - 14Aug2020 - JOSEF
Also on Strategic Partnership - 3 yr project: 10 mio NOK, 6yr project: 15-20 mio NOK https://norad.no/en/front/funding/private-sector-development/cooperation-on-framework-conditions/
- Deadline 14Aug2020 13:00h CET - first phase - https://grants.mfa.no/#call/1901 - info on owncloud...
The grant scheme aims to stimulate to a business climate that promotes private sector development in the developing countries, including strategic partnerships with private enterprises and non-commercial organisations. strengthen higher education, Better qualified workforce, Applied sustainable solutions and practices, Evidence-based policies, Enhanced gender equality and inclusion Outcome a.o.: Improved institutional small-scale infrastructure,equipment for education+research Main focus: ICT for innovation & agriculture asked by Norad
- Collaboration with Kenya on Agriculture (Sharon), and Iris Hub on Innovation and Job creation (Benjamin). Based on National Knowledge Portal (Annemijn)
UNICEF: COVID-19 Response - OPEN call - (after ISOC)
As part of the COVID-19 response, the DPG Alliance is committed to accelerating support to and scale up of digital solutions that support the prevention and response to COVID-19 and help young people and their communities continue learning and working.
The Alliance will prioritize technical and financial support for the deployment of Digital Public Goods in the following areas:
Foundational literacy and other learning resources and platforms Job skills Health Financial services and inclusion The Alliance can provide seed funding and support through the UNICEF Venture Fund for local companies and initiatives to look at future job skills, entrepreneurship, and fintech to prepare for the rebuilding after COVID-19. See http://www.unicefinnovationfund.org https://www.internetofgoodthings.org http://www.goodinternet.org for eligibility criteria and further details.
Rights of minorities of faith and belief - Deadline (?) Amount (?)
- Disbursement Requests ?
Grants provided through civil society are intended to promote freedom of religion and belief, with particular emphasis on minorities of faith and belief. The support can include both targeted and inclusive interventions.
Norhed - 26June2020 - Ghana/Ethiopia
https://norad.no/en/front/funding/norhed/ - directory 2020Norhed on owncloud
- Maurice (FCI) & Christine Holst
- Gerdi has performed an analysis
- UiO will apply - digital health education involving minorities
- Tanzania and Malawi (as part of shortlist), and suggest an East Africa Council (EAC) collaboration
- Empowering Youth - Universities as Innovation hubs
- See the full call in MFA/Norad’s Grants Portal (since 20 March 2020).
- For a detailed outline of NORHED II, see Programme Document.
- The application deadline is extended to Friday 26 June, 2020, at 13:00 CET.
- big competition, two contributions to address Ethiopia and Ghana/Tanzania
ICT works - Health Security - 18Jun2020 - Wisam
- 1.5 million USD
- Evaluation result :22 Sep. 2020
ICT works - 1Jun2020 - WISAM =
https://www.ictworks.org/apply-now-500-million-for-covid-19-digital-response-from-isdb-group/#.Xp7TmFNfhhE Deadline: 31May2020 Grant funding and equity investment levels are:
- New Ideas with Proof of Concept: US$50,000-100,000 Grants (could be suitable for us)
- Capacity Building in Technology and Innovation: US$100,000-150,000 Grants (could be suitable for us)
- Scaling Up of Innovative Projects: US$300,000 Equity Participation
- Technology Commercialization: US$1,000,000 Equity Participation
GSMA innovation, 22May2020 - Danica
- Accessibility: Innovations which improve the accessibility and usability of handsets and mobile internet services for citizens who are unable to access them. This will not include accessibility to networks, electricity or IDs.
- Affordability: Innovations which improve affordability of handsets and mobile internet services.
- Digital skills: Innovations which focus on improving basic digital skills and confidence to use mobile internet.
- Safety and security: Innovations which focus on improving safety and security of those who want to use mobile internet. This will not include tacking issues of data privacy and fraud.
School Connectivity in Ethiopia - 1Mar2020 - JOSEF
- Eye Networks - Adra Norway, IBA Ethiopia, BasicInternet,....
- connecting 500 schools - 4.82 Million USD
- Ministry of Education has asked for connecting 3500 secondary schools for a total of 35 Million USD
- Desta (Africa Innovation Weeks) is organising with Norad and Innovation Norway for financing
- open issues:
- Adra Norway (Jonathan to lead) - most suitable
- Norad funding (Kari Moe Jacobsen - education... )
Innovation Norway - Covid-19 - KATHE & LINDA
- 2 pager submitted - 27. or 28Apr2020 ("først man til mølla")
Skissen (maks to A4-sider) må gi informasjon om både bedrift og prosjekt, og bør inneholde:
- Kort beskrivelse av bedriften, med nøkkeltall og kontaktinfo
- Kort beskrivelse av prosjektet og hvordan dette kan hjelpe utviklingsland med å løse utfordringer innen helse i COVID-19-pandemien
- I hvilken grad vil løsningen kunne bidra til å løse både kortsiktige og mer langsiktige problemer som oppstår som følge av pandemien
Marked (land) og målgruppe for løsningen
- Samarbeidspartnere eller potensielle samarbeidspartnere
- Hovedaktiviteter med tidslinje og kostnader i et eventuelt prosjekt
DFID - UK Frontier - Data collection - 9(18)May2020 - JOSEF
- submitted on 9May2020 - 2020DFID...
ICT-58 - 17Jun2020 - WHO invites us?
- Invite ourselves as partner - International partnership building between European and African innovation hubs - ID: ICT-58-2020
- Deadline: 17 June 2020
- Please check all instances of this call - the menu on the left of the webpage is the content of this call - WHO?
- European Innovation Hubs, a catalogue of Digital Innovation Hubs in Europe https://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/digital-innovation-hubs-tool
- list of digital innovation hubs for the first call= who are looking for partners: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/interested-org-list/31115305
ICT57-2020 - 17Jun2020 - no participation
An empowering, inclusive Next Generation Internet - ID: ICT-57-2020
- this one is more on the tech side. - @Kathe and @Brenda had a meeting with the commissionair in Trondheim
- Deadline: 17 June 2020
H2020 Supporting deployment of eHealth - 18Jun2020
- Supporting deployment of eHealth in low and lower middle income countries in Africa for better health outcomes, Deadline date:18 June 2020
- Integrating Activities for Starting Communities https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/infraia-02-2020
- Pilot for a new model of Integrating Activities https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/infraia-03-2020
Pre-commercial Procurement for Digital Health and Care Solutions - 18Jun2020
ID: SC1-DTH-14-2020 Deadline: 18 June 2020 https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/opportunities/topic-details/sc1-dth-14-2020
ISOC Foundation - 17May2020 - WISAM
- with Joseph Bishi
- Application opens between 5 -17 May 2020
This Foundation is targeting applications that accelerate and coordinate humanitarian response what is affordable and accessible by the Basic Internet Foundation concept of work.
The Norwegian Climate and Forest funding to civil society - 19May2020 - BRENDA
funding for civil society organisations - projects 2021-2025, 5yr project, above 20 mio NOK
- 19May2020, 13h EST
- Regnskogsfundet - (others who write a proposal...)
- projects that contribute to goal: reversed and reduced loss of tropical forest contribute to a stable climate, protect biodiversity and enhance sustainable development. Project addresses population groups in developing countries that depend on tropical forests for subsistence, as well as all other population groups from these countries that will benefit from reduced greenhouse gas emissions from deforestation and forest degradation. Indigenous peoples, local communities and environmental defenders .
- Our topics: Information to indigenous people, local communities, environmental defenders
ResearchProject - InternationalDevelopment- 20 May2020- no submission
Focus: international development
- Link Global Health and One Health - LANCET commission...
COVID-19 hasteutlysning: Innovasjonsprosjekt med privat-offentlig samarbeid (BIA-X) - 20May2020
not considered, as focus is in Norway
- not submitted - CovidInfo full call 31Mar2020 - outline 16March, see owncloud = 2020CovidInfo-NFR
Botnar - Phase 2: - DANICA
Phase 1: delivered 1: 14Apr2020 15:00h
Fit for the Future call: Foundation Botnar https://www.fondationbotnar.org/fit-for-the-future-call/
- 400 applications submitted
- see owncloud = 2020Botnar-FitForFuture
- Digital Skills Foundation (Annemijn) - course
- Kortex - National Knowledge Portal
- Basic Internet - connectivity
- African Child - contacts and courses - "train the trainer"
- Temeke network - 24 sites - >1000 students
- MUHAS - Municipial contact, (Muhas, African Child: scale up to 5.000 students)
- UiO - Digital Health
- Content from MINDS (and upscaling) - https://minds-africa.org/youth-program-on-elections-and-governance/
- need to coordinate with Andrea Winkler and Illona Kickbusch
- A call for innovative proposals that leverage data and frontier technologies for the health and wellbeing of young people
- innovative approaches for health & education (not infrastructure)
- may be involve Annemijn Perrin with her National Knowledge Portal (AI, data driven knowledge) - DTCs
- Dar-es-Salaam (2nd city) - city administration (Felix?)
Youth Technology - 27Mar2020 - no submission :-(
Deadline is 27 March 2020
- 10 Million CHF Grant Funding for Youth Technology
- Ghana collab possible, Ministry of Communication and GIFEC
Horizon 2020 EU projects
- 3 month before deadline - consortium ready - flag our interest on partner portal (if exist)
- 2,5 months before - main objectives
- 4 weeks prior - text is written (70-90 pages)
- BasicInternet Partner offer: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/org-details/911266889
-Horizon 2020, funding opportunities https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/programmes/h2020 and those related to Covid19: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/covid-19
NATO Partnership for Peace - deadline? - DANICA
- 'Forget about this. NATO respects Serbia’s policy of military neutrality and since it is not the member, this is officially statement related to Partnership for Peace, thus, related to military and defense: ""The Partnership for Peace " is based on cooperation and joint action of the defense system of a sovereign state, however, the states are not legally bound but only respect the principles of voluntarism and self- diferentiation."
- Agreements are political-military related.
- Capabilities concept, non-related: http://www.vs.rs/en/international-cooperation/partnership-for-peace/operational-capabilities-concept
- SPECIAL CALL FOR PROPOSALs ON SECURITY-RELATED ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES, 1 June 2020 https://www.nato.int/science/call-proposal/20200215_sps-special-call-2019-AT.pdf
Multi-Year Projects, typical three-year projects are in the €150,000–€300,000 range. n/w
NATO Partnership for Peace
- digititalisation - infodemics (see Kenya, Covid-19)
EU-Serbia - deadline? - DANICA
- Serbia EU membership, status:
- maybe to enter in 2025? -In March 2012 Serbia was granted EU candidate status. In September 2013 a Stabilisation and Association AgreementSearch for available translations of the preceding link between the EU and Serbia entered into force. - EU framework, Horizon2020 universities, Science and tech calls are on.
- rural connectivity - Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Telecommunication, there is only a Sector for Information Society https://mtt.gov.rs/en/sectors-of-the-ministry/sector-for-information-society/ No specifics or Calls there, yet.
- National Knowledge Platform - digital skills courses
- with Kenya and Uganda, Brenda develops
- Proposal submitting on Wednesday (12Feb2020), still discussing if UiO is partner or just supporting
- Brenda and AHERI to finalise the added requirements and send to Are on wednesday (29.april2020)
On a two weeks base, there be a routinely check for the published calls and proposals.
- https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/funding-opportunities/find-calls-funding-topic_en, https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/interested-org-list/31115250
Technology og video
we finally solved the challenge of ordering. Thanks to EET.no and EyeNetworks we have a direct ordering process. Delivery to ITS@Kjeller, bill goes to EyeNetworks, and ITS will send order to EyeNetworks.
- UiO has transport agreements - will test
Corona video in two versions: Youtube
- YouTube Video full https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc3ojifPRlc
- egen YouTube Channel - Kathe organiserer
How can we increase our footprint, and invite for partnership? -
- last page "created by ...."
- Logo og navn
- want to join, visit....
- no direct funding opportunity, but interesting partners such as Seniornett inside
see cards under: https://trello.com/c/OYi1Fy8c
Africa50 - BRENDA
Africa50 and Africa Innovation challenge, see https://africa50innovationchallenge.com/#steps
- JOSEF has written a proposal to get us known
- Focus is on business growth, not our connectivity
- Brenda to contact Jonas Tesfu and Africa50
- Deadline: 31. January 2020
Business partnership is based on share your Internet
- Kathe develops the business package
Identify business of Basic Internet - KATHE
- Need to buy connectivity: UNHCR, Red Cross, ...
Sustainable Business models for Access to Digital Public Goods https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wm5YE_XLQfJsi_aJUpPoIsRwc7k5GVl4vv_c_pUSbfw/edit?usp=sharing
Paket with access to schools - funds required "we will provide as a loan".
- answering SDG target 4.1.1. directly (% of schools connected to Internet)
- collaboration with Digital Skills Foundation
- Norfund, Funding (DK), DNB, ....
- funding for people on the ground (small loans to people in villages....)
Other - Logo
- "reconsider", looks like a social dating site?
- introduce an antenna?
Events & Publications
If you know where we are involved, create a meeting:
- Internet Governance Forum in Nov2020 in Poland - Catherine has asked for a booth and a panel - concept note to be written
- ITU Digital Transformation Centres - 11-13Feb2020 in Geneve - Invitation to Danica and Josef to give a presentation'. Danica will talk on digital literacy skills for the DTCs and Josef will talk about....?'