DigI:DigI Meeting May 2019
DigI:DigI Meeting May 2019
|Title||DigI Meeting May 2019|
|Date, Time||2019/05/07, - 7May2019|
|Contact Person||Christine Holst|
|Participants||Josef Noll, Christine Holst|
|related to Project||DigI:DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:DigI Meeting May 2019|
Agenda and notes
- Report from
- High Level Panel
- IGF in Nov2019 in Berlin - http://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/workshop-proposals-2019
- No accurate date for the recommendations from UN high level panel. Decision on acceptance in beginning of June
- Suggestion for the UN virtual discussion group. Danica has got the template and will share the document with the group for feedback.
- Input for the "Digitalisation in Development" (Norwegian Stortingsmelding - Parlament publish). Norad approached us to bring input for the Norwegian “Stortingsmelding”. Planned breakfast meeting with stakeholders from gov / politics.
- Invitation to a breakfast meeting with politicians
Action points from Paris
- Anthrax video published by Maurice, awaiting for comments "from the field". Thus all comments are first collected, and then the video is updated
- Maurice on testing of Rasberry Pi (testing on 3 Raspberry Pis), works both pre-installed
- Josef/Iñaki to duplicate the content to owncloud to make it available for SD-card
- Wisam to download Izazi.Yeboo.com and puts it on a SD-card for Raspberry Pi, to ship
- Maurice work further on yeboo site
- Tigo – need phone numbers for the sim cards, waiting for this so that we need to re-subscribe.
- Felix on progress with the kiosks in Migoli / Izazi
- Wisam on shipment of equipment to TZ: Wisam works on the equipment and a timeline for launch in Migoli / Izazi.
- Orange - Mali hot-spot is sent
- Patandi - is sent, to be delivered together
- Muhas (for village platforms)
TechBridge invest has asked for equipment in Kenia
- Fieldwork update (Christine) - new field work 17 Mai for two weeks
- Fieldwork (Flora)
- Updates on the voucher system (Inaki)
- Kari (Norad) will announce new program, most probably existing programs will be extended until 2020.
New NorHead not before August 2020.
- Please keep your eyes open for funding opts. Share funding opportunities – on web.
Partnerships (we will focus on these after summer)
- DE activities (DE, TZ, NO)
- companies/organisations/.... for partnership
- Basic Internet App (Josef)
- Newsletter - based on BasicInternet.info/blog/ - Christine makes draft asap
- Feedback on the posts on the blog. BasicInternet.info/blog/ Everyone should feel free to make small blogs.
June 11, at 13.00
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-088 Josef Noll to hear with FB cdn servers, both Tanzania and Mali by 05. May 2019 (DigI:AI-088)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items