Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes
a short review of Bluetooth sensors for Diabetes
Bluetooth for health
The Bluetooth SIG has developed “Health Device Profile” (HDP) software to optimize performance of classic Bluetooth for health applications and deliver data in a standard format requested by the medical authorities. Similarly, the SIG is developing HDP software for Bluetooth low energy. 
Bluetooth Smart or Bluetooth Low Energy was introduced by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group as part of the Bluetooth 4.0 standard. It aims at providing communication to sensors at a much lower battery consumption as compared to traditional Bluetooth. While the range is kept almost identical to normal Bluetooth (REF missing), Bluetooth Smart allows operating sensors for several years using a single battery (REF missing). Bluetooth Smart is a part of modern Smartphones, with Apple having adopted Bluetooth 4.0 in their iPhone 4GS, and Android having provided it through the 4.3 operating system .
- Alf Helge Omre, "Bluetooth Low Energy: Wireless Connectivity for Medical Monitoring", J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2010 March; 4(2): 457–463, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2864182/
Keyword Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes
|Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes|
|All pages containing keywords|
Contains pages with keyword "Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes".
- Kim Fredriksen (works at: Curatec, with topics: Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes, Diabetes)
- Odd Martin Staal (works at: Prediktor Medical, NTNU, ITS, with topics: Diabetes, Bluetooth Sensors for Diabetes)
One FDA-approved CGM device uses a tiny glucose-sensing device inserted under the skin of the abdomen. The system automatically records an average glucose value every 5 min for up to 72 h.
- Scott Hanselman, "The Sad state of Diabetes Technology in 2012, Blogg - http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheSadStateOfDiabetesTechnologyIn2012.aspx
- Charlotte Libov, "Cool Tools for Blood Sugar Measurements", http://www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/cool-tools-for-blood-sugar-management.aspx
- Cybiocare online measurement equipment, with Blutooth to iPhone, http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes-technology/meters-monitors/future-meters-monitors/cybiocare
- John Hewitt, "World's smallest ....Blood sugar measurement, smallest implant", March 2013, http://www.extremetech.com/computing/151134-worlds-smallest-blood-monitoring-implant-talks-to-a-smartphone-but-whose
- Bluetooth Low Energy Information - http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Good-For-You.aspx