TI3.2 Technology and Business Aspects
|Task Title||Technology and Business Aspects|
|Lead partner||Basic Internet Foundation|
|Contributors||Mondragon University, ITS|
|edit this task|
- 1 TI3.2 Technology and Business Aspects
- 2 Deliverables in TI3.2 Technology and Business Aspects
- 3 Technology Issues
This Task will identify the open issues related to technology and business, resulting from the operation of Phase A of the DigI project.
Deliverables in TI3.2 Technology and Business Aspects
Based on Media:DigI_TechnIssues.pdf
A) Migration of BasicInternet.no to the cloud
- the current platform is based on Ubuntu, and is transferred to Debian 9 for increased stability
B) Voucher creation and handling
- Cloud platform with login for (Agent) to create vouchers
- should include the specification of the vouchers, in terms of Time, Amount, and Validity
- Note: Sales price depends on the location and the access
- is performed by a local person
C) White List versus Black List
Our current installation is based on a White List, meaning that only white listed pages can be reached. This is the preferred solution for information hot-spots.
However, for locations with fixed bandwidth, as Patandi Teachers College and Caritas Kinderdorf, the solution might rather include black-listing, meaning
Note: the White Lists and Black Lists are handled through owncloud, and a script updates them every night
D) Login Page "accept"
Android login: After access to "BasicInternet", we get the message "sign in to network". This brings us to the login.html page (owncloud = BasicInternet = Technology = Mikrotik = TZ_villages = hotspot = login.html). But, the user has no "button" to acknowledge (Accept Free Access) versus (Add Voucher) and (Accept).
In order to use the Internet, the user has to press the 3 vertical dots in the top of the sign-in Window, and then "use network as is". Can we bring that functionality into the (Accept Free Access) button?
- accept: should then close the window and return to the browser
- voucher: as is, but only voucher (not username & password)
Remote update of login page
- how do we practically update the login?
E) Blocked Pages
Currently "404 Error - not available", should redirect to login page
F) Village platform Yeboo.com
- rudged platform as village serverm, needs a copy of "yeboo.com" on a Raspberry Pi
- remote access through the Local Network Control Centre (LNCC)
Content for each village through phpadmin
- need for a 1-page description (how to edit), Maurice provides the credentials
- need for remote access to village platform (Iñaki?)
- needs to be disabled in the villages where Christine runs the intervention
- suggestion: redirect the link to the health section towards the "about the village"
G) Monitoring of usage
- Maghsoud's implementation