|Lecture date||2012/10/21 0915-1200|
|presented||by Josef Noll, Susana Rodriguez de Novoa|
|Objective||The objective of this lecture is to explain the principles of WLAN communications.|
|Learning outcomes|| What will we learn today
|Pensum (read before)|
|References (further info)||References:|
|Keywords||Wireless Security, IEEE 802.11, Mesh, LWAPP, CAPWAP|
Test yourself, answer these questions
- What is Wi-Fi technology and over which frequency band it operates?
- What is 802.11xx? Differences between 802.11 protocols.
- What is the Wi-Fi Alliance?
- How Mesh technology works?
- What are the recommended channels if you are setting up three WLANs and want minimum interference over there?
- What is a Wi-Fi controller?
- Benefits of centralized wlan.