DESSI is a new infrastructure for modellin … DESSI is a new infrastructure for modelling, emulation, monitoring and controlling of the electrical grid. DESSI covers simulations, emulations and cybersecurity of power systems, ranging from micro-, macro- to regional energy systems. To counteract the climate crisis and stay below 1.5 deg C temperature increase requires a massive transitive from energy to electrical systems.
DESSI will develop the physical system and computational methods necessary to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of power systems with large-scale renewable generation, flexible loads, storage devices, power flow control and security of cyber-physical systems.
DESSI will include physical components such as
* PV panels, small wind turbine, hydrogen technology components and batteries, for decentralized installations, peer-to-peer and autonomous operations
* Inverters, power switches, IoT, for monitoring and control of micro-grids and power systems.
* Scada architecture with PLC and other nodes, to simulate and emulate small industrial systems, including cybersecurity vulnerability analysis
* Cyber-physical system simulator for simulation and cyber vulnerability analysis
* Power Grid emulator to get hands-on experience on system effects
Besides the physical & virtual infrastructure, DESSI will also connect 80-100 houses and report the energy consumption. The high-resolutions energy data are collected per fuse and every 10 s to create a research data-base as a basis for the energy transition in households.s for the energy transition in households. +