|Lecture date||2015/04/16 13:15 - 16:00|
|presented||by Abul Kaosher|
|Objective||Understand the "Mobile Broadband" term and related technologies|
|Learning outcomes|| Learning outcomes:
|Pensum (read before)|
|References (further info)|| References:
|Keywords||Mobile Broadband, HSPA, HSPA+, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, LTE Advanced, MIMO, Self Organizing Network, QoS, VoLTE, MBB|
Test yourself, answer these questions
- What is HSPA? what is Dual Carrier (DC) HSPA?
- What is the maximum download and upload speeds with DC HSPA?
- What are the future evolutions of HSPA family of technology?
- What is MIMO? What kind of benefits MIMO provides?
- What is LTE? What are the different bandwidth LTE supports?
- What were the motivation and targets of LTE standardization?
- What are the main LTE frequency bands for Europe? which are capacity bands and which one are coverage bands?
- Mention some of the elements in LTE and shortly describe their functions.
- How voice is handled in LTE network?
- How is QoS in LTE compare to 3G?
- Explain what is SON? why do we need SON? different types of SON
- What is LTE Advanced?
- Media: Media:UNIK4230-Mobile Broadband_2015.pdf
- Video: http://lux.unik.no/unik4230-ak/unik-20150416.wmv
- Media:UNIK4230-Lec-9_Mobile Broadband_2012.pdf
- Video: mms://lux.unik.no/unik4230-ak/unik-20120329.wmv
- Self Organizing Network White paper: Media:SON_white paper_NSN.pdf