BG:Forgotten password - use email address
|Title||Forgotten password - use email address|
|Keywords||login, password, new user|
|Date (expected, solved,...)||2012/04/12|
|Expected Version||"v2.51" is not in the list of possible values (v0.8, v0.9, v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.5, v2.0, v2.1, v2.2, v2.3, v2.4, v2.5, v2.6, v2.7, v2.8, v2.9, v3.0, v3.1, v3.2, v3.3, v3.5, v4.0, v4.1) for this property.|
|Summary (1-2 lines):||Use only email address for reset of password|
|Test Procedure:|| test using:
this page was created by Special:FormEdit/BugReport, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/BugReport/BG:Forgotten password - use email address. See all change requests/bug reports at BugReport or, sorted after version number in Movation:Innobors_Version.
Use only the email address for the rest of the password
- If i use only email for resetting password, there is a possibility to reset multiple user accounts. This is because, one user can have multiple account with same email address. In that case, his/her both account password will be reseted.
- Correct, my suggestion is to have "only one user" per email address. That means, a user is identified through his email address. - AND (later on), the user may add several email addresses... (at the end: email@example.com, LinkedIN: Josef, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com...) are all the same users
- Is it a big deal to implement (i) one user, identified through email address and (ii) multiple email addresses for users?
- Please use "variables" to indicate the messages. These "variables" should be used to allow in the future "language files" to define the message according to the selected language.
- Make sure that the "return" email (on forgotten password) contains the user name, as firstname.lastname@example.org might have forgotten his username :-)