Basic Internett over Satellitt
Vi har to måter å distribuere Basic Internett
- i) Satellite Modem includes Router Board
- e) Satellite Modem has an exteral Router Board
The Router Boards are preconfigured with an IP address, and thus only need to be connected to the satellite to be connected automatically to the billing centre at Kjeller.
The Si1 configuration includes
- a satellite dish (1.2 or 1.8 m diameter)
- a satellite modem including the router board, e.g. RouterBOARD 951Ui-2HnD
- a wifi unit, transmitting the 2.4 GHz, e.g.
The receive antenna can typically be set up on the ground, at a wall or whatever other place is suitable.
The Si5 configuration includes
- a satellite dish
- a satellite modem including the router board, e.g. xxx
- a distribution network, consisting of directional links from a main antenna to smaller antennas at the customer site. The link is typically operating at 5 GHz, e.g. SXT Sixpack
- a wifi unit, transmitting the 2.4 GHz, e.g. xxx
In the Si5 configuration we need to ensure free sight (no obstacles, no trees) between the main distribution antenna and the antennas at the customer site. This might require mounting the 5 GHz distribution networks on poles. Typical maximum ranges are 5-8 km for each of the distribution links.
same as Si20, but with 4 x 90 deg antennas for distribution to a total of 20 or more customer receive stations covering the whole area. The kit is SXT Sixpack- WISP Starter Kit, cost $445
- need to identify the satellite modem with integrated Router OS
- functionality of Router Board 4 SHPn
Power consumption of the Satellite Installations
|Power consumption of Configuration||Si1 [W]||Si5 [W]||Si20 [W]|
|Satellite modem (1 Mbit/s link)|
|5GHz distribution network|