Status 24Feb2020 - Voucher system not operational, technical problems with connectivity to the remote AAA server
Voucher Platform for Basic Internet
Our team at Mondragon University have created the Voucher Platform for Basic Internet. The Voucher platform is available as https://voucher.basicinternet.org
In every region/zone we have a voucher administrator who can log-in on the voucher platform. This person is a Zone Administrator and has the authority to create vouchers for his region, e.g.
- Catherine for TZ African Child
- Rashid for TZ BOACSE
- Barrack for Aheri
Click on the Create Voucher to start voucher creation
Then create the Voucher limits, any combination of time (1h, 1day, 1 week, 1 month), amount (100 MB, 1 GB). Please ensure to set voucher limitation =1,3,6 months to ensure that vouchers expire. Otherwise they will overload the platform. And please identify the set of vouchers (voucher badge) by a name representing what you created.
Having created the limits, next step is to create the username and password. The username/password are created in two steps, first the username, then the passwords. Note: Create easy vouchers, which are easy to identify for your users, e.g. 4 digits with lowercase characters
Having created the form for the usernames and passwords, you can then finalise by press Create vouchers to create the vouchers.
Examples of vouchers, here with a length of 4 characters, are displayed below.
- Limited Administrator - for voucher creation in a region, given the max number of vouchers as assigned by the Zone Administrator
- Zone Administrator - for creation of Limited Administrators and for creation of Zones
- Super Administrator (for platform administration)
The goal of the platform is to create an IP-domain specific voucher sets, e.g. Kinderdorf, Kigali, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania. This is accompanied by a prefix added to the vouchers.
- Add a hidden string to identify the origin of the vouchers.For example, let's consider the following voucher "TFOP" for the Kinderdorf. During the voucher creation process, I would add "_Kinderdorf" to all vouchers. That would give us "TFOP_Kinderdorf" as result.
In order to have the solution up and running, we will need to modify the login page for each site, so that each login web page automatically adds the site related string. Thus, users will only need to introduce TFOP and the web page will append "_Kinderdorf" before sending the information to the radius server.
- Administrator login for ordering vouchers, specification of vouchers (out of a list)
- pattern (alphanumeric, length)
- first character
- validity (time, amount of data, validity e.g. 1 year)
see more in talk page