DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018
DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018
|Title||DigI Tanzania Meeting (17April2018)|
|Place||Tanzania - NIMR, 2448 Barack Obama Dr, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|
|Date, Time||2018/04/17, 0800-1800|
|Contact Person||Christine Holst, Bernard Ngowi|
|Participants||Josef Noll, Flora Kajuna, Felix Sukums, Andrea Winkler, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Maurice Isabwe, Christine Holst, Antoni Nyerere, Jacob, Andrew, Charles, Domenik Stelzle|
|related to Project||DigI:DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:DigI Tanzania Meeting 17Apr2018|
Muhimbili Research Centre – NIMR, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- 0900h Recall from the summary of 16Apr2018 at the Embassy
- 0930h Status and upcoming of the project
- Phase A: roll-out
- a) 3G hot-spots in Migoli and Selela
- b) connectivity to Izazi - alternatives
- Phase B: village selection
- Village platform - creation process
- Health message process
- Co-operations: no national project?
- Phase A: roll-out
- 1015h Digital Health Information - time frame and deadlines (Maurice)
- 1130h leave for UCSAF meeting (30 min enough for travel?)
- 1130h lunch?
- 1215h Development of the intervention study (Christine, Flora and Elibariki)
- detailed story-line for each disease
- 1500 Common meeting - Recall return of Felix and Josef
- 1510 Update of Digital Health information, information and
- 1530 Update of Meeting with UCSAF
- 1545 AOB
- next actions
- next meetings
- 1600 End of meeting
Recall meeting at the Embassy
Recall from the summary of 16Apr2018 at the Embassy
- Josef summarized the meeting from yesterday, and suggested steps forward.
- Information about Veggie project is on owncloud = Site-Survey = Apr2018 = NCA_veggie_information.docx
Status of the project
- we are missing clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- action items are not followed up
- Village platform – creation process. Where do we get information from the villages? What type of information do the villages need? Bernard and Felix will do the need assessment locally.
- Field visits: use a document as a check list for assessing the appropriateness of the content. Twitter feed and possibly FB feed.
- A discussion on use of server. Should the digital health information be placed on the Cystinet server at NIMR? Bernard recommends. Josef to contact Jan, to check on logistic, space, bandwith speed.
Phase A: roll-out
a) 3G hot-spots in Migoli and Selela b) connectivity to Izazi - alternatives
Phase B: village selection process
- creation process
- Bernard and Felix are in charge of the selection of the next villages, after fieldwork with Andrea.
- Felix met with Gwen from Norwegian Church Aid.
- Village information – Felix and Elibariki.
- PATH no national project?
Health message process
- Maurice presentation – the way forward on the development of health messages.
- A brief discussion on Cholera as part of the core diseases. Desicion: to be added in the next phase.
- We have five areas that needs input from the medical team. Prevalence, Cause / Transmission, Signs / Symptoms, Teatment, Prevention. Maurice needs pictures from responsible person / each area.
- Bernard, Flora, Christine and Andrea – see deadlines in Maurice document, that he will send out / upload to owncloud and send link.
- The videos on HIV and TB is already there, in MoH. Are they custome made? These will not be developed by Maurice, but revised by the team medics. Medical task force to review the final documents.
- Bernard and Elibariki will provide us with the existing videos from MoH. These can be uploaded to owncloud for review.
- Maurice showed the website. Need pictures, key messages (one or two paragraphs) on each eare (prevalence, cause / transmission, signs / symptoms, treatment and prevention). Need photo for each of the the key messages. Need short questions for the quiz. Five questions are enough! But it is possible to have a pool and take out random five questions, one per area, at the time.
- Flora presentation – advised to focus on the studies related to prevalence and practice
- Christine presentation – advised to change the desgn either to cohort or quasi-experimental design
- Andrea, Josef, Bernard and christine had a brief discussion of the study, logistics and financing. Bernard will fill Helena in here.
The schedule of the TZ week:
- 16Apr Round Table discussion Norwegian Embassy
- 17Apr 08:30h DigI meeting at NIMR
- 17Apr 12:00h Meeting with UCSAF
- 18Apr 09:30h Meeting with Vodacom
- 18Apr 11:00h Meeting with Helios
- 18Apr 14:00 Meeting with TIGO on roll-out in Izazi, Mgoli and Selela
- 19Apr 09:30h Meeting with PATH
- 19Apr 12:00h Meeting with Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- 20Apr2018 no schedule yet
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-055 Felix Sukums to follow up Halotel in Selela, Izazi, Migoli by 14. September 2018 (DigI:AI-055)
- DigI:AI-074 Elibariki Mwakapeje to resend the Swahili and English version to Maurice by 14. October 2018 (DigI:AI-074)
- DigI:AI-077 Elibariki Mwakapeje to invite (new group on WhatsApp) on Esilalei (Josef++) by 15. October 2018 (DigI:AI-077)
- DigI:AI-071 Flora Francis Kajuna to translate cysti content on the yeboo.com, and send this to Maurice by 15. October 2018 (DigI:AI-071)
- DigI:AI-075 Elibariki Mwakapeje to send Questions & Answers to Maurice ... by 19. October 2018 (DigI:AI-075)
- DigI:AI-066 Bernard Ngowi to provide a story of HIV, a one pager, to Maurice by 23. October 2018 (DigI:AI-066)
- DigI:AI-068 Bernard Ngowi to send Swahili HIV material from MoH to Maurice by 23. October 2018 (DigI:AI-068)
- DigI:AI-079 Felix Sukums, Josef Noll to connect with UCSAF, TIGO, Halotel for connectivity, Gwen (NCA) - our priorities - their comments and to inform other partners (PATH, …) by 01. November 2018 (DigI:AI-079)
- DigI:AI-081 Peter Cardellichio to check with Deb on stories on TB and HIV by 05. November 2018 (DigI:AI-081)
- DigI:AI-064 Felix Sukums to organize the research assistants, when the project is approved, set up the training, and do the piloting of the questionnaire on day 2. Christine assists, and will develop training manual for use in the training. by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-064)
- DigI:AI-078 Peter Edenhofer to send a suggestion on KPI related to the neuro genetic concept (epigenetics) by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-078)
- DigI:AI-073 Danica Radovanovic to compile a tentative list of KPI to Maurice by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-073)
- DigI:AI-063 Andrea Winkler, Christine Holst to follow up discussion with Bernard on baseline and intervention launch by 15. November 2018 (DigI:AI-063)
- AI-008 Christine Holst to send our FN contribution to Tewodros by 05. January 2019 (AI-008)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items
Latest closed Action Items
- DigI:AI-065 Christine Holst to send Felix email with all info needed for randomisation process for the villages. by 12. November 2018 (DigI:AI-065)
- DigI:AI-053 Danica Radovanovic to to write excutive summary, that can be used in the 2-pager to various stakeholders by 02. November 2018 (DigI:AI-053)
- DigI:AI-080 Christine Holst to send data collection plan to Felix by by 01. November 2018 (DigI:AI-080)
- DigI:AI-069 Christine Holst to send newsletter by by 01. November 2018 (DigI:AI-069)
- DigI:AI-060 Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic to send out DigI newsletter before end of October by 30. October 2018 (DigI:AI-060)