Basic Internet InfoSpot configuration
In the easiest set-up, the infrastructure consists of the local network, generating one information spot. Only three components are used: The Internet link reception of the mobile broadband signal, the local network control centre (LNCC) and the society server. (see Figure 2 and Figure 1, the video https://vimeo.com/354375901)
Figure 2, from left to right, shows the reception of the Internet link (back-bone, IP-link), the local network control centre (LNCC), the point to multipoint antenna, and the local hot-spot. In short, the functionality is as follows:
- The Internet link reception is either performed through a directive link, or through re-using the mobile 3G/4G/5G network. The link directly feeds the LNCC.
- The Local Network Control Centre (LNCC) performs the filtering for the freemium access, with free access to information begin text, pictures and local information from the Society Server, and premium access to bandwidth-demanding services from the Internet. The LNCC is connected to the Society Server for access to free local content, and provides this information to the Multipoint antenna.
- The Society Server (http://Yeboo.com) contains information such as health, education and entrepreneurial information, being freely available for everyone in the society. - For educational purposes, we recommend setting up Moodle, see link to Moodle usage.
- The Multipoint Antenna generates a 90 deg sector link coverage for any hot-spot connecting to it.
- The Local Hot-Spot consists of two parts, a receive unit with a directive antenna to communicate with the Multipoint antenna, and the local hotspot device. If the distance to the Multipoint Antenna (Village information spot) is less than 1 km, then we can omit the receive unit and work with only the local hotspot.
All our configurations are stored on owncloud.basicinternet.org, with specific installations files. Ask our team for the login.
- LTE antenna configuration DigI:SXT_LTE_R11_config
- Sector antenna configuration: DigI:RB921_config
- Local Network Control Centre (LNCC) (RDB52G configuration): DigI:RDB52G_config
- Replacing the Raspberry PI by a School-PC, see: DigI:School_PC_config
- Configuration of the Whitelist/Blacklist for free access to certain Web pages: BasicInternet:Whitelist