DigI:DigI Meeting Feb 2020
DigI:DigI Meeting Feb 2020
|Title||DigI Meeting February 2020|
|Date, Time||2020/02/04, 1300-1400h|
|Contact Person||Christine Holst|
|Participants||Josef Noll, Wisam Ahmed Mansour, Danica Radovanovic, Helena Ngowi, Peter Cardellichio, Bernard Ngowi, Felix Sukums, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Andrea Winkler, Flora Kajuna, Maurice Isabwe, Erwan Le Quentrec, Iñaki Garitano, Sudhir Dixit, Gerard Rushingabigwi, Maghsoud Morshedi, Antonio Javier Rodriguez Ceberio, Hamed Arshad, Celestin Twizere, Finn Helge Tolpinrud|
|related to Project||DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:DigI Meeting Feb 2020|
- Focus in the last 6 months of the project (End: Sep2020)
- Final meeting in 18-20May2020, Oslo
- Fieldwork in February - DigI:TZ-Hackathon_Feb2020
Health Summit Uganda 2020(cancelled in agreement with Andrea)
- GSMA, UCSAF and others
- Publications - ongoing and planned
We used 16% more budget, and have only 2.5 MNOK for the remaining period left. Thus, we need to focus.
Given that we all together only have 2.5 MNOK funding for the remaining part of the DigI, we need to focus:
Main focus (all other side activities should be cancelled)
- PhD work, getting the necessary data
- working on a sustainable operation & business model
- operation: how can we make users use our information spots, and which data can we achieve
- business model: see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wm5YE_XLQfJsi_aJUpPoIsRwc7k5GVl4vv_c_pUSbfw/edit?usp=sharing
DigI -Hackathon and Field work Feb2020
Given the budget limitations,
- We reduce the Feb2020 visit to detailed interviews rather than revisiting all 600 people. Reason is that the information-spots came up only in November, and thus I don't expect too many people having visited them.
- Christine will only take some people with her to the field, ensure that the TVs come up and show the content, and that we understand how people use the hot-spot. Eventually take measures to increase participation.
- We will have funds to run the full campaign in June, having data collection from all participants.
- We cancelled the Digital Health panel at the Uganda Health Summit, reason is "overload" to organise.
- ECOSOC - we plan to start an activity through our governments
- GSMA - Erwan and Josef will visit Claire Sithorpe at GSMA4D by Feb/Mar
- UCSAF has agreed to start a pilot with 10 schools, Catherine and Felix organise
- Christine has some papers in the pipeline
- Danica is coordinating both the International Journal and the book chapter.
- Andrea and Josef co-organise an event 1-2Apr2020 by GIZ in Germany on Digital Health Platforms, see Digital_Global_Health. Comments are welcome
- other publications, please add to DigI:Publications
- Hackathon 27-28Feb2020, see DigI:TZ-Hackathon_Feb2020
- 10. March 2020, see DigI:DigI_Meeting_March_2020
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-088 Josef Noll to hear with FB cdn servers, both Tanzania and Mali by 05. May 2019 (DigI:AI-088)
- DigI:AI-095 Catherine R. Kimambo, Ernest Nyoni to create an easy to use guideline for new communities who want to build an InfoSpot by 15. December 2019 (DigI:AI-095)
- DigI:AI-096 Catherine R. Kimambo to outline the needs of women and girls when it comes to entrepreneurship by 15. December 2019 (DigI:AI-096)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items