|Title||DigI:Final DigI Meeting May2020 Oslo|
|Date, Time||2020/05/18, -20May2020|
|Contact Person||Christine Holst|
|Participants||Josef.Noll, Christine Holst|
|related to Project||DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:FinalMeeting May2020|
Agenda Monday 18May2020
Meeting: 1000-1230 h Oslo time, gotomeet.me/BasicInternet
- 10:00 Welcome, table round
- 10:15 Presentation by each partner (12 min + 8 min questions )
- 10:15 UiO (Christine)
- 10:35 SUA (Helena)
- 10:55 NIMR (Bernard)
- 11:15 FCI (Maurice)
- 11:35 Orange (Erwan, Stephania)
- 11:55 BasicInternet (Josef)
- 12:05 Summary of recommendation, achievements, lessons learned & challenges
- 12:30 End of day1
Regarding the presentation, please concentrate on
- Planned to achieve
- Highlights & Lessons learned
- Status May2020 (achieved & open issues)
- Steps to follow-up until Jul2020
Agenda Tuesday 19May2020
Meeting: 1000-1200 h Oslo time, gotomeet.me/BasicInternet
- 10:00 Summary of Day 1 (recommendations, achievement, lessons learned & challenges)
- 10:20 Budget spent first Jan-May2020
- total remaining budget is 2,5 MNOK in 2020
- presentation by each partner, focus on spent & plans/costs until July2020 (5 min)
- 11:00 Discussion on achievements
- 11:20 Way ahead, topics referred to
- DigI next meeting 2Jun2020 at 13h
- 12:00 End of Meeting
- The partners UiO, SUA, NIMR, Future Competencies, Mondraggon and Basic Internet all gave a brief update on the main achievements and lessons learned from 2017-2020. The presentations can be found above.
- Agreed to have a progress meeting with SUA / Flora / Helena to follow up and discuss Floras phd-run.
- Christine will facilitate
- Migoli and Izazi need two new rasberry pies.
- Josef talk to Hamed, that will configure two new boxed for Nyoni to swap when he is there in June. These need to be sent to TZ asap.
- Bernard pointed out that more sensitization in the Migoli and Izazi villages is necessary, in order to get the community to keep the hotspots up and running.
- Need a letter for the institution for google to approve the corona video being part of the app.
- Maurice will draft the letter and send to Josef.
- Agreement on the need for official data from dispensaries in Migoli and Izazi, to assess any trends in the use of health care services, i.e. TB and HIV testing. This can be part of identifying impact of the project.
- Christine will draft a letter for NIMR on amendments for the ethical clearance, and
- Bernard will proceed with the communication on district level on permission to retrieve and use the data
- The team discussed main challenges from day 1:
- Sukums suggestion: scalability and sustainability in the future in terms of network/internet connectivity but also on the digitization of the contents (content management platform and skills locally). Levels of support to do troubleshooting e.g. at the community level, district level. We can also use a community of networks who has technicians to exchange ideas. Co-creation of contextualized contents, find a platform for content management which will be friendly to lower level of communities. Use of volunteers who can get non-financial and financial incentives.
- Maurice comment: There can be a challenge with lack of competence, but the willingness to provide support services of any kind should be incentivized. We've faced the same challenges in universities, which have full-time paid IT professionals with such a mindset that anything to do with project work should bring extra income. They willingly avoid helping for free.
- Regarding content and platform development, we are working on the specifications: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xcbx2iHGaleRRjQ-Y6nDu3Dr254gQtZNS507Qh1kH2A/edit?usp=sharing
- Ownership and community involvement in the villages. Different approach. In the first villages we, the DigI-project, initiated the hotspots with free access to information. In the later villages (connectivity provided by African Child and BOACSE) ownership is stronger, as it is self initiated.
- The platform and the lack of scalability
- Initial rollout: the same content
- Next step: Open source platform
- Local technical support - how do we get the competencies up? Today problems are solved depending on the level of expertise in the villages. Can we organize a training workshop for the ICT teachers/focal persons in each site so that they can we oriented on troubleshooting skills?
- Idodi and Kimande is on the list of next villages to be connected. Bernard suggested that these would appear on the list of UCSAF to be connected as part of the 10 schools.
- Christine write to Catherine to ask if the list can be revised to include Idodi and Kimande secondary schools
- Bernard contact headmasters of the schools
- Ideally create more youth-friendly material, as content on sexual and reproductive health, mental health, stress relieve etc.
- The budget discussion postponed to June 2nd at 13.00, Oslo time.
- Most important to support phd-students, Flora and Christine, to collect data in Iringa in June, and to establish a sustainable model
- After budget meeting, we will decide the possibilities of an extension and a physical meeting.
- Approval discussion on the anthrax animation. Christine, Elibariki, Bernard and Andrea meet offline.