T3.2 Phase B specification
|Task Title||Phase B specification|
|Contributors||NIMR, BasicInternet, Ministry of Health in Tanzania, Sokoine University of Agriculture, UIO|
|edit this task|
This task will create the list of villages in Tanzania for Phase B, and an update of the requirements
Deliverables in T3.2 Phase B specification
The overall objective of the activities in Tanzania are to extend the digital health information to a total of 10 villages in TZ. The Main findings from Phase A were establishing Information hot-spots in each village, and thus
- Building the ecosystem for societal and digital inclusion. Our contribution to this general goal is the focus on information, and especially the free access to information for all.
- The following components are essential parts of a holistic approach: Solar and other renewable energy, light, the mobile ecosystem for digital access, and free access for information for those not part of the digital society.
Through this holistic approach in building the ecosystem for societal and digital inclusion we empower people for digital health, education, mobile money/micro-credits
Having established the health messages, as well as a village server hosting videos related to health and providing free access to information, Phase B will now extend the reach.
Suggestion for Phase B villages
- 2 villages (Izazi and Mgoli) in Iringa districts are for HIV, TB and Cysticercosis (M04) -
- Migoli: has TIGO 3G tower in the village, Latitude: -7.145672 | Longitude: 35.819636, Altitude: 717 meters
- Izazi: 2G connection from Migoli tower (no 3G), Latitude: -7.23764 | Longitude: 35.720995, Altitude: 753 meters
- one Village in Monduli (Selela) is for for Anthrax (M04)
- Selela, Latitude: -3.210762 | Longitude: 35.947617, Altitude: 1043 meters, TIGO tower on the mountain 5-7 km away
- Mto wa Mbu (Lat -3.371942, Long 35.854498)
- Esilalei (Lat -3.46945, Long 35.97469) - received 3G Tigo coverage Jun2018
- Mungere (Lat -3.3178, Long 35.892)
- Kimande (Iringa)
- Idodi (Iringa)