|Date, Time||2017/07/04, 1300-1400 h local Paris time|
|Participants||Andrea Winkler, Bernard Ngowi, Bjarne Tarjei Haugen, Christine Holst, Danica Radovanovic, Elibariki Mwakapeje, Erwan Le Quentrec, Felix Sukums, Finn Helge Tolpinrud, Helena Ngowi, Ingeborg K. Haavardsson, Iñaki Garitano, Josef Noll, Maurice Isabwe, Peter Cardellichio, Rozina Dongol, Sudhir Dixit|
|related to Project||DigI|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/DigI:Digi-GotoMeeting Jul2017|
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/727235565
You can also dial in using your phone, using access code: 727-235-565
- Norway: +47 23 96 01 70
- United States: +1 (646) 749-3129
- France: +33 170 950 594
- Germany: +49 692 5736 7210
- Spain: +34 912 71 8491
- 1300 Welcome
- 1310 status Digi
- see all Digi meetings at DigI:Meetings
- 1320 status Tanzania (Elibariki & Felix)
- short report from meetings++
- plans for negotiations with TelCos
- 1340 status DRC (Finn Helge)
- 1350 Kick-off
- 1355 AOB
- Global alliances (e.g. education Khan Academy, Microsoft)
- Village platform
- 1400 end of meeting
Minutes GotoMeeting 4.Jul2017
Brief info on collaboration agreement signed, and the way forward. Josef will call for bills from the partners, and this will be sent to the NRC, before reimbursed.
TZ update from work-meeting in Dar es Salaam.
Felix: Ethical approvals – we need to revise the proposal. Define problem, rationale, methodology, some activities are unclear, some areas will not be accepted by the ministry.
Other issues; Implementation. Mission details, defining problem – stakeholders. Submitting the proposal – Package developed to meet the national user, need funding to go to site. Joint meeting presenting the design and then start collection the baseline.
Who is leading this process? Action Item, Time plan
Maurice: Involvement the stakeholders (who are they?) – need definitions and project goals
Felix: Approving new design, village leaders, need their support, supervision, monitoring. District health management team.
Ethical approval on different level – both on project and on message.
Bernard elaborated, this takes 2-3 weeks from NIMR, and then the new messages need to be approved from MoH, takes another 2-3 weeks, by handing in protocol used for app development etc – After approval – we need to get in touch with the district management team.
Bernard: We need to address clearly on the entrepreneurship part of the proposal, we need to pint out what exactly we are going to introduce to these community. Also on the issue of the tablets, I think since may Tanzanian can not afford the Smart phone and tablets it is important to make sure that we use the simple gadget which can be sustainable after the project comes to an end.
- 1. mobile operatior – ref ex india – alibaba.
- 2. Availability of tablet // smartphone (will come). 1-2 smartphones pr villages. Make a deal with suppliers, to bring out to villages.
- Experience with how we can disseminate health messages
- Rely on tablet / smartphones – gov will say thats good, but not sustainable yet.
- How can you connect this to education?
How we can establish the tablet as part of infrastructure and remain on site?
- Felix: Bringing onboard partners who can sell affordable tablets or smartphone to the community
- Josef: convince the government to help in "free access to information" for everyone. These traffic, being very small, may be sent "free of charge"
- Elibariki: I am seeing the issue of sustainability after the end of the project..if we provide tablet and/or smartphones. We better capitalize on providing free access to messages by using the cheaply available gadgets as mentioned by Josef
- Josef: Sustainability is a key issue for the last 6 months of the project, where we want to convert the pilot into a sustainable (commercial) operation. Commercial for everything else, and free access to information and local video
- Elibariki: good strategy Josef. we better move on that direction
Status Health Information
Experiences from other countries,
- Emphasis is on affordability. WiFi hot spot prices: Rs50 (0.7€) for 1GB, or Rs250 (~3.5€) for 20GB.
- Christine has sent a Doodle call, http://doodle.com/poll/dzi468un8vnyk7x6#table please pick your availability
- Regarding cost reimbursement, the Research Council only supports the Norwegian governmental rules for travel
Open Action Items in DigI
- DigI:AI-055 Felix Sukums to follow up Halotel in Selela, Izazi, Migoli by 14. September 2018 (DigI:AI-055)
- DigI:AI-074 Elibariki Mwakapeje to resend the Swahili and English version to Maurice by 14. October 2018 (DigI:AI-074)
- DigI:AI-077 Elibariki Mwakapeje to invite (new group on WhatsApp) on Esilalei (Josef++) by 15. October 2018 (DigI:AI-077)
- DigI:AI-071 Flora Francis Kajuna to translate cysti content on the yeboo.com, and send this to Maurice by 15. October 2018 (DigI:AI-071)
- DigI:AI-075 Elibariki Mwakapeje to send Questions & Answers to Maurice ... by 19. October 2018 (DigI:AI-075)
- DigI:AI-066 Bernard Ngowi to provide a story of HIV, a one pager, to Maurice by 23. October 2018 (DigI:AI-066)
- DigI:AI-068 Bernard Ngowi to send Swahili HIV material from MoH to Maurice by 23. October 2018 (DigI:AI-068)
- DigI:AI-079 Felix Sukums, Josef Noll to connect with UCSAF, TIGO, Halotel for connectivity, Gwen (NCA) - our priorities - their comments and to inform other partners (PATH, …) by 01. November 2018 (DigI:AI-079)
- DigI:AI-081 Peter Cardellichio to check with Deb on stories on TB and HIV by 05. November 2018 (DigI:AI-081)
- DigI:AI-064 Felix Sukums to organize the research assistants, when the project is approved, set up the training, and do the piloting of the questionnaire on day 2. Christine assists, and will develop training manual for use in the training. by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-064)
- DigI:AI-078 Peter Edenhofer to send a suggestion on KPI related to the neuro genetic concept (epigenetics) by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-078)
- DigI:AI-073 Danica Radovanovic to compile a tentative list of KPI to Maurice by 10. November 2018 (DigI:AI-073)
- DigI:AI-063 Andrea Winkler, Christine Holst to follow up discussion with Bernard on baseline and intervention launch by 15. November 2018 (DigI:AI-063)
- AI-008 Christine Holst to send our FN contribution to Tewodros by 05. January 2019 (AI-008)
All Action items in DigI:All Action Items
DigI related Meeting(s):
- DigI Paris Meeting April 2019 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 9 April 2019)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting March 2019 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 4 March 2019)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting Feb 2019 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 4 February 2019)
- Bærekraftig utvikling og tingenes internett (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 24 January 2019)
- Lunch meeting with NORAD (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 January 2019)
- Digi Consortium GotoMeeting Januar 2019 (onThis property is a special property in this wiki. 8 January 2019)
- ... further results