Digitalisering VGS 16Mar2021
Digitalisering VGS 16Mar2021
|Date, Time||2021/03/16, 0900-1200|
|Contact Person||Margrethe Tschudi|
|Participants||Josef.Noll, Erlend Nilssen Sverdrup, Sigrun Elisabeth Vaage, Ramyar Baban, Turid Melheim, Yngvild Elise Breivik, Margrethe Tschudi, Geir Paul Hansen, Wisam Ahmed Mansour|
|related to Project||BasicInternet, Digitalisering VGS|
|this page was created by Special:FormEdit/Meeting, and can be edited by Special:FormEdit/Meeting/Digitalisering VGS 16Mar2021|
Teach school children about the work on digital includion through the Basic Internet Foundation
- establish specific topics for schools in first (VG1) and secondary( og VG2
- connect different areas through - knytte forskjellige fagområder sammen gjennom tverrgående prosjekter
- etabler noe konkret, ved å sørge for at skoler i utviklingsland kan være med i den digital verden
- bidra til tverkulturell forståelse
Oppfølging fra møtene 8Mar2021 (se praktiske oppgaver) og 1Mar2021 (se møtenotater notater)
Assignments for Youth (age 13-15)/VG 1, addressing the Norwegian plan for cross-sectoral topics: https://www.udir.no/lk20/ele01-03/om-faget/tverrfaglige-temaer
- Freemium (free & premium) model: free access to information, paid access to broadband. Can we use examples from road networks, where pedestrians and cyclists can use the road without having to pay? - Convenient: measure how much data is used by streaming video
- Radio: line-of-sight versus obstacles on the road
- 'Coverage and range:' run around and measure Wifi and / or mobile coverage. Need an Android tablet / phone with Network Cell Info Lite, see: DigI: Establish_InfoSpot
- the advantage of Raspberry Pi (RPI) as a "school server" versus 3G network. Test by 5-6 students downloading video via a bad 3G / 4G network, versus downloading video locally from RPI.
- connect cables to establish Wifi network
- 'Energy and information:' how much energy does the whole equipment use? How big must the solar cell and battery be to last all night, 1.5 days, ...
Assignments for Youth (age 16-19)/VG 2 electrical engineering and e-commerce: https://www.udir.no/lk20/ele02-03 (goals for teaching in Norway)
VG 2 data technology and electronics: https://www.udir.no/lk20/del02-03
- 'plan village' , frequency, coverage, capacity, e.g. link from DigI: Migoli to DigI: Izazi, or from DigI: Selela to Mto wa Mbu, see DigI: Calculation_of_Radio_link
- 'Distances in Africa' , See: https://its-wiki.no/wiki/RDB52G for places where equipment is installed
- configuration: login to antenna, LNCC (RDB52G)
- 'Configuring a Raspberry PI' , how to install a Web server and content
- Mesh network based on local hot-spot with 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz
Q & A
Q: What are we thinking?
- A: We need something practical, what will come out?
Q: What do we need and what can we contribute ??
- A: talk together and establish "opportunities"
Q: What do we see in the subject renewal of the renewal?
- A: Level Vg1: Energy and control, e.g. interaction with solar energy
- Level Vg2: village planning, frequency, coverage, capacity, configuration,
- see section further up
Q: Collaboration on Health & Growing Up?
- A: the opportunity to include social studies that all students have, because the sustainability goals are important goals for teaching on Health & growing up (Ref: Yngvild)
Q: Application: It is not necessary to use the antennas? Aren't the antennas, with SIM cards in it, working just like a mobile phones? (Sigrun)
- A: Exactly, the receiving antenna works like a mobile. When it comes to Wifi, which we establish to offer Internet via Wifi, there are national rules. Basically, "private use of Wifi" is without restrictions. However, when offering Wifi through school, and especially when selling Internet access, national authorities may require that this be treated as an "internet service provider" (ISP).